Conveniently located to serve New York City, Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island
Dr. Bradley’s facial feminization procedures in New York are carefully designed for each patient, as an individual, to help achieve a natural, soft, feminine appearance. Patients often prefer to have most of the FFS procedures performed at once, but staging procedures to facial regions is also an option.
- Improve facial features to create a more beautiful, feminine appearance;
- Be identified as female in everyday exchanges in the public;
- Avoid mis-gendering, and create a safer life for trans-women.
State of the Art Techniques
- Virtual planning: Your 3D CT scan is used to create cutting guides and custom plates design for you. These plans are reviewed at a second consultation visit.
- Resorbable plates and pins (dissolve in a year) are used in the forehead region to avoid the permanent placement of titanium plates, screws, or wires.
- Scars are minimized and hidden whenever possible.
Facial Feature Modification
- Frontal sinus setback: The anterior sinus is reshaped from ‘convex’ to ‘concave’ to create a more flattened feminine appearance.
- Forehead/Supralateral orbital recontouring: Area above the brow is shaped and the lateral brow is lifted in an attractive way.
- Mandibular angle reduction: The lower facial width is narrowed and a “V-shaped” look to the lower face is created.
- Osseous genioplasty narrowing and shortening: A feminine, more slender chin is shaped.
- Rhinoplasty: Nasal reshaping is aimed at a smaller, slightly sloping bridge, and a refined, more delicate, elevated nasal tip.
- Tracheal shave: The ‘Adam’s Apple’ is minimized to eliminate a masculine neck.
- Upper lip lift: More upper-tooth show and a fuller upper lip is created.
- Cheek augmentation: Malar fat grafting provides lasting full cheeks without implant complications.
Your Facial Feminization Consultation
Facial feminization surgery requires a thorough evaluation from Dr. Bradley before a date can be set for the procedure. You will be asked about your transition process, expectations, and specific goals. Your consultation will include a facial examination, and measurements and photographs will be taken.
Your medical history will be reviewed in detail, including pre-existing conditions, past surgeries, and current medications. Imaging or further diagnostic tests will be recommended. You will be given pre-operative instructions and other pertinent information regarding your surgery.
Facial Feminization Recovery
Recovery after facial feminization surgery may last for several days to a few weeks. Swelling, bruising, and pain will be experienced but should disappear after several days. Prescribed medications will be given to manage the discomfort.
Avoid strenuous activities such as lifting heavy objects for a month or so; you will need this downtime to heal before you can resume all of your normal activities. It takes a few months to see the full results of the surgery.
Cost of Facial Feminization Surgery
The cost of facial feminization surgery in New York relies heavily on how extensive and complex the necessary procedures are. The overall price may include an anesthetic and surgical fees.
Contact Us to Learn More
Come in for facial feminization in Newark to achieve the softer facial profile you desire. Contact Dr. Bradley today to schedule your consultation.
What is required to be a good candidate for FFS?
- The best candidates have a history of transitioning and have been on hormonal therapy for over 1-2 years. Although positive changes will happen on hormonal therapy, hard tissue (bony) changes are less likely than soft tissue (skin/fat/muscle) changes.
- It is requested that 2 letters of medical necessity are provided by: 1) your hormone provider, and 2) your therapist.
- Patients should be committed to the process as FSS is not easily reversible.
How long will the process take?
After an initial consultation meeting, authorization approval will be obtained; patients will then go to get a 3D CT scan; virtual planning is performed by Dr. Bradley; patients will return for a preoperative meeting to review the virtual planning and take 3D photographic images. Pre-admission testing is then performed the week prior to the FFS procedure. The timing of this process varies, but is generally between 4-10 weeks.
Are secondary FFS procedures necessary?
Each patient is unique, but it is not uncommon to have a minor secondary procedure or two as an outpatient.
Read Our Patient Stories
“Dr. Bradley and his whole staff (Lia, Sabrina, Nicole) all fabulous! My questions and concerns were noted and answered. I was cared for and looked after. A wonderful practice.“
– Summer S
“Outstanding surgeon with wonderful bedside manner, would highly recommend him.“
– Marc O.
“Dr Bradley did an amazing job for me.“
– Tama S.