Cleft Rhinoplasty Conveniently located to serve New York City, Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island
Before & After
Cosmetic & Craniofacial Surgery‘s before-and-after pictures of real patients.
Cleft rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure used to correct nasal tip asymmetries and septal deviations. Dr. James P. Bradley has the experience and skill needed to perform effective cleft rhinoplasty for New York City patients.
There are 3 ages when a cleft rhinoplasty may be performed:
- During cleft lip repair – 3 months old
- At school age – 5-8 years old
- At skeletal maturity – 15-18 years old
The technique at each age differs.
Cleft Rhinoplasty Objectives
- To improve breathing with reconstruction of cartilage support. Breathing improvement may be noticed as relief from sleep apnea.
- To straightened the nose and provide a more appealing and balanced nasal shape that is specific for you.
- Initial Cleft Nose Repair: Repositioning the “slumped” cartilages with a closed technique at the time of lip repair.
- Secondary Cleft Rhinoplasty (at school age): Improvement in nose tip projection and nasal symmetry using an open technique.
- Final Cleft Septorhinoplasty: Correction of septal deviation and fine-tuning the previous nose repairs.
Does a secondary cleft rhinoplasty have to be performed?
No, this is an optional procedure in most situations. It is aimed at providing the best appearance at a time when school socialization is occurring.
Why does the septal surgery have to wait until teen-aged years?
The septum is a center for face growth and so should not operated on until maturity. In addition, the deviation is not that apparent until teen-aged years.
Schedule a Consultation
To arrange a consultation regarding cleft rhinoplasty in New York City, contact the office of Dr. James P. Bradley and set up your appointment. Dr. Bradley will go over the details of the procedure, including cost, preparation, and the post-surgical recovery process.