Eyelid Surgery Conveniently located to serve New York City, Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island
Before & After
Cosmetic & Craniofacial Surgery‘s before-and-after pictures of real patients.
Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Dr. Bradley’s eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, is a procedure that involves removal of excess skin or fat from the upper and/or lower eyelids. Eyelid surgery in New York City can rejuvenate the eyelids for a more youthful look.
For the upper eyelid, the scars are camouflaged in the natural crease making them virtually unnoticeable. For the lower eyelid, fat can be removed without any skin incisions. Skin can then be tightened with a chemical peel or laser, or be trimmed without touching the muscle.
Patients should also ask about other procedures that can be performed in conjunction with a blepharoplasty, including an eyebrow lift, removal of muscles that cause the “11 Lines” (vertical lines between the eyebrows), and correction of the “tear-trough” or (half-moon depressions under the eye). Blepharoplasty procedures are performed as an outpatient in approximately 2 hours.
Dr. Bradley’s procedures are designed to give a natural, refreshed look with the shortest recovery time possible. He has performed nearly a thousand facial rejuvenation surgeries and has developed procedures that can be tailored to the individual’s anatomy and desired goals.
- Correct aged or tired appearance from an excessive skin on the upper eyelid.
- Eliminating the “bags under the eyes” by transposing fat and smoothing out the skin.
- Upper Blepharoplasty: Removal of excess skin and fat to give a crisp, youthful fold.
- Lower Blepharoplasty: Judicious removal of fat and tightening of skin to give a smooth appearance. Often called undereye bag surgery. Sometimes combined with tightening of the lid (canthoplasty) to avoid rounding (ectropion).
- Correction of Tear-Trough Deformity with the “Trouf Procedure”: This transposes fat rather than removes it to avoid a hollowing appearance.
1) Is there a “right” age to have eyelid surgery?
Eyelid surgery is ideal for all patients experiencing sagging or puffy eyelids, regardless of age.
2) How long will my eyelid surgery results last?
The results of upper eyelid surgery last at least five to seven years after surgery, since the aging process continues to affect the tissues over time. The procedure can be repeated to prolong results. Lower eyelid surgery results are typically permanent.
3) Who needs a secondary eyelid lift?
A secondary blepharoplasty surgery can prolong primary upper blepharoplasty results. This is a personal choice that can only be made by the patient, and it can be discussed during a consultation.
4) How much does eyelid surgery cost?
The price of an eye lift varies depending on numerous factors. The techniques utilized, the amount of time needed to perform the surgery, and the type of anesthesia used all play a role in determining eyelid surgery cost.
Set Up Your Consultation
If you would like to learn more about eyelid surgery in New York City, take the first step and contact our office for a consultation. Dr. James P. Bradley has the skill and experience needed to give you quality blepharoplasty results you can be proud of.