Eye Surgery New York City
Before & After
Cosmetic & Craniofacial Surgery‘s before-and-after pictures of real patients.
Eyelid Rejuvenation (Blepharoplasty)
Dr. Bradley’s eyelid rejuvenation, also known as Blepharoplasty, is a procedure that involves removal of excess skin or fat from the upper and/or lower eyelids. For the upper eyelid, the scars are camouflaged in the natural crease making them virtually unnoticeable.
For the lower eyelid, fat can be removed without any skin incisions. Skin can then be tightened with a chemical peel or laser; or be trimmed without touching the muscle.
Patients should also ask about other procedures that can be performed in conjunction with a blepharoplasty, including an eyebrow lift, removal of muscles that cause the “11 Lines” (vertical lines beteen the eyebrows), and correction of the “tear-trough” or (half-moon depressions under the eye). Blepharoplasty procedures are performed as an outpatient in approximately 2 hours.
procedures are designed to give a natural, refreshed look with the shortest recovery time possible. He has performed nearly a thousand facial rejuvenation surgeries and has developed procedures that can be tailored to the individual’s anatomy and desired goals.
Correct aged or tired appearance from an excessive skin on the upper eyelid
Eliminating the “bags under the eyes” by transposing fat and smoothing out the skin
State of the Art Techniques
- Upper blepharoplasty: Removal of excess skin and fat to give a crisp, youthful fold.
- Lower Blepharoplasty: Judicious removal of fat and tightening of skin to give a smooth appearance. Sometimes combined with tightening of the lid (canthoplasty) to avoid rounding (ectropion).
- Correction of Tear-trough deformity with the “Trouf Procedure” which transposes fat rather than removes it to avoid a hollowing appearance.
1) What is the best age to have a facelift?
Regardless of age, once facial aging changes from gravity become apparent and bother a patient, they are a candidate for a facelift.
2) How long will my facelift last?
After having a facelift you remain looking better than you otherwise would have. Many patients have only one face lift in their life. However, facial aging will continue and a secondary facelift is an option.
3) Who needs a secondary facelift?
It is a personal decision to have a secondary facelift. Typically, Patients who consider it, do so10 years or more after having a successful facelift.
Upper Eyelid Rejuvenation (Blepharoplasty)
Eyelid Surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, is a procedure that involves removal of excess skin or fat from the upper and/or lower eyelids.